Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Branson is beautiful...

This area is really beautiful.  I cannot remember ever thinking how pretty the Ozarks were like I do now.  Maybe, just maybe, I am beginning to see things more clearly through "not so tired" eyes.  We are enjoying the condo, shopping for groceries and cooking, viewing the area, and we took in one really good show last night.

Hit a couple of potholes yesterday with people and things, but we are survivors, and we will survive again.  (In reality, perhaps they were more like chasms, but I know in my heart that God knows what He is doing).  

So many of my neighbors on the Bolivar Peninsula are hurting with their losses, deaths and heartache that I feel I shouldn't even complain.  A neighbor sent me an interesting article this morning regarding "surge," "rising," and "flood" water versus wind damage to our homes.  These decisions by the adjustors and the government are going to determine whether thousands of good people can rebuild their homes and lives again on the Peninsula.

Here is a link if you are interested in reading the work: http://standeyo.com/NEWS/08_USA/080918.Bolivar.wait.html

Don't want to overtax anyone with hurricane news, but the blog helps to keep from having to tell the story over and over again and yet, I can keep family and friends in the loop as it were.

Until the next page turns,
Brenda

No comments: