Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hello and welcome to my blog...

My sister in law has been encouraging me to post a blog for months, and now that I have semi-retired, I am following through with her suggestion.  I write for a living, so you might think the last thing I would want to do is to write more words, but here I am, writing away.  I have enjoyed a life-long fascination with words from my earliest school days until now.


If I am not writing them, I am reading them.  Just finished the last of James Patterson's novels, including the Women's Murder Club series, all of the Alex Cross mysteries, and his new series on the bird children.  I also read and review books for the newspaper I work for out of Beaumont, The Examiner.  Great little read if you have the time and inclination.


My best friend since third grade, Ginger Doster, wrote yesterday and recommended a new book by Ann Rule, "Too Late to Say Goodbye," which I've ordered and will start on when it arrives.  From time to time, I will post reviews on my blog and hope you'll be interested in reading them.


I'm also involved in doing a travel series "Roads Less Traveled" and will post those from time to time as well.  First article is on the fun Arkansas Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, which we visited on our recent swing through Tennessee, Arkansas and Louisiana on our way back home to the Gulf Coast.


As I type on my faithful Mac, I am looking out the back deck window at the rolling and churning Gulf of Mexico, which is my backyard.  There's no place like it and we love living here on the coast.  Ted, my husband, and I fished yesterday afternoon out by the North Jetty and I am pleased to report that I caught the first fish and the largest number of fish.  We hit a bed of ocean cats and must have landed 28-30 in just a few minutes.  What fun!


We have contests determining who catches the first fish, largest fish, most unusual and the largest number each time out in the Gulf. 
 

Until next time,

Brenda

No comments: